Thursday, April 28, 2011

Start Doing Things You Love...

Things I love...

  • reading
  • gardening
  • photography
  • bicycling
  • writing
  • letters
  • learning
  • friends and family
  • dancing
  • singing
  • walking, hiking and camping
  • flower arranging and selling
  • crafting
These are the things I need to do more of to find my balance and ensure my happiness. They're not necessarily things I'm good at but things that bring me joy. I need to consciously act to make more time in my life for these things.

If you don't have enough time, watch less tv.  
I don't think I watch too much tv but this line of the Holstee manifesto is a reminder in any case, that the things we place importance on may not be important after all. Many a time I have the tv on for background noise (what bad company!) and get distracted from what I really want to be doing by whatever brain suck is currently on the box. Facebook offers similar torment in the form of all the mind numbingly easy to get drawn into games that are offered therein. I need to make a conscious decision to reduce the impact of those things on my life. Television and facebook; time drains extraordinaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment