Sunday, November 21, 2010

Things that Made me Think...

The thing I hate most about blog-rolling is that travelling around the blogdom encourages my lack of direction and my inability to focus on what I am supposed to be doing!

Here are some posts (and sites) that have inspired me this week:
  1. Unschooling after Death; even for a non-unschooling family this post raises some pertinent questions around the need to Life Insurance and which LI is appropriate to your needs. How much would your family's lifestyle be affected if the main breadwinner was suddenly lost? What about if the main home maker was lost? The financial implications may be lesser but what about the lifestyle implications?
  2. Sandra Dodd's site was one that I constantly referred to whilst we were homeschooling our two older children. Unfortunately my own health issues ended that part of our lives, it is however something I'm definitely considering returning to with our youngest (and every time the older children have a negative school experience!) Kim reminded me of this through her lovely interview with Sandra this week.
  3. Western Sydney Institute of TAFE, course search; well, this one actually has the mind boggling, it will help me make a final decision as to what course of study to take though.
  4. I wish I could be more like Super Organiser Mum; what I love about this blog more so than other organiser blogs I've seen to date is that so many of Jade's ideas seem to be either multi-purpose or very easily re-purposed. I really should spend more time utilising Jade's ideas and less time reading about them!
  5. DIY Kids: Making Beanbags at Childhood 101; Christie is an Early Childhood teacher and Mum who has a lot of ideas for great tactile, fun learning experiences.
  6. The Art Eater; what a fabulous way to display children's artworks!
  7. Budget Friendly Mod-Chandelier; I could make this!
  8. Paper "Capiz Shell" Chandelier; or I could make this, or even...
  9. this: Straw Cluster Chandelier.
  10. Making all those lovely things will come right after I get the housework under control which will be much easier with the help of Kelly of Be a Fun Mum who once shared her To Do Lists for each room of the home.

This list was inspired by the interwebs.

Kindest Wishes,
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment